Shark sighting at Dallas Aquarium...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...if y'all haven't been to the Great State Fair of Texas yet.

First of all...what are you waiting for? I will be doing my dive/education volunteer duties this coming Saturday (10/21) at the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park for the Fair.

We have 2 dive shows in the Amazon Flooded Forest Exhibit, 1:30p & 3:00p, piranah feeding at 2:30, touch tank and "bio" cart (sealife artifacts) all day and possibly other special Fair activities, we've always got something up our sleeves.

stop in and say howdy!:D

I was there last week and they didn't have a dive show... :(

ScubaTexan:
I was there last week and they didn't have a dive show... :(

Dive shows have been on Wed., Sat. & Sun. during the Fair, the only reason we wouldn't do them would be if for some reason we didn't have 2 certified divers working, either staff or volunteers, we have to have a saftey diver outside the tank to do the shows.

sorry you missed us:(

sharky60:
Dive shows have been on Wed., Sat. & Sun. during the Fair, the only reason we wouldn't do them would be if for some reason we didn't have 2 certified divers working, either staff or volunteers, we have to have a saftey diver outside the tank to do the shows.

sorry you missed us:(

You know if you're ever short a buddy, I live less than a mile from the fairgrounds and my tank is always full, my gear is always packed.

I'm here to serve. Wouldn't want those kiddies to go home without seeing the scubaman.

ZzzKing:
You know if you're ever short a buddy, I live less than a mile from the fairgrounds and my tank is always full, my gear is always packed.

I'm here to serve. Wouldn't want those kiddies to go home without seeing the scubaman.

Hey thanks man, there are those times when we are down to the last minute if we will have enough divers on hand.

There has acually been talk of putting together a new volunteer class, if you're interested send me a PM with your name and phone # and I'll forward it on to the volunteer folks over at the zoo. ( we are part of the Dallas Zoo even though we are at Fair Park)

I wonder how often they bring in new volunteers at the Dallas World Aquarium? That's a neat place, as well, even though it's totally independent from the Dallas Zoo and/or Aquarium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom