Boat Dives Out of Corpus Christi/Port Aransas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My dive buddy and I are heading down to Corpus Christi/Port A later this month and would like to spend a day diving the oil rigs or any other boat accessible location. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local dive shop or dive charter to contact?

M/V Orion out of Port Aransas.....several of our Swampers have done nice rig treks of late with them.

Hmmm... might not be so easy getting them to take you out this late in the year. Plan for weather cancellations, if you can get a charter.

archman:
Hmmm... might not be so easy getting them to take you out this late in the year. Plan for weather cancellations, if you can get a charter.

Both the M/V Orion and the M/V Easy Diver ran trips last weekend----we were all lucky and mother nature smiled on us!!!

The captain of the Orion spoke as if the boat would be operating through the winter.

I cannot speak highly enough about Out to Sea Adventures. They run a 1st rate op!

Hemlon is right. I'd recommend the Orion to anyone.

Ed

Out of the three November dive charters I've taken out of Port Aransas, only one actually made it out of the harbour. And that one promptly turned around when it hit the jetty mouth!:shakehead

archman:
Out of the three November dive charters I've taken out of Port Aransas, only one actually made it out of the harbour. And that one promptly turned around when it hit the jetty mouth!:shakehead

Try again!

I'll have to disagree with y'all, because if I agree, I won't be able to get a spot with the orion for a year or so! But in all honesty, Miglini's awesome, and the boats great. But if the weather looks bad, just plan a day at the Corpus Christi Aquarium or something.

Try again!

(whine) But I haven't even told you about the cancelled trips where we didn't even bother getting onto the boat.:wink:

The Texas State Aquarium is wonderful. So's that sweet Essex-class carrier parked next door to it.

A day in Rockport/Fulton can also be quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom