OK Chris...what does this mean???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
You posted this in the roster thread....
chrispete once bubbled...
Well guys, I hate to tip the balance like this but it looks like I may be transferring from the Southern Swampsters to the Central TSDT in Austin, sigh...

Are you moving? What about the coffee house? Come on, Dewd, 'splain yourself! :)

Yep, it looks like I'll have to be moving, with the sale of the software company, I'm left living off of berrys and nuts so I have to pick up another job and there is nothing at all in Beaumont. Most of the responses to my resume are coming from Austin, with one or two nibbles in Houston.

The coffeehouse is actually moving again since we renegotiated with the contractor that had helped out a while back to come back in on credit and finish it up. I'm hiring a GM that has extensive knowledge in running restaurants (she's working cheap, in the same position that I'm in and doesn't want to have to move away) to take my place managing the daily operations of the place and to keep my two junior partners in line. I'll drive in on weekends to help out around the place until such time as I either move back or fade into oblivion.

Basically it boils down to me getting a really nice/fun job somewhere and being able to relax in life for a little while being able to get off of work at 5pm like the rest of the world, or having to hope that the coffeehouse alone can generate me and my partners a living from the start; I'm betting on #1 as it also allows me to subsidize the operation of the coffeehouse if necessary to keep it open instead of going broke if it fails, gives that business a better chance of survival in the long run.

I'm not planning on staying in Austin forever (although most people who say that never come back) and I'll make it back down here to dive at TL with you guys, probably on the weekends, my heart will still be that of a Southern Swampster. :)

I'm sorry to hear that! But I totally understand about berries and nuts. But we refuse to take you off the roster! Maybe it won't be so bad on the S. Swampers. Once you get established, we'll have a place to crash on the weekends...hehehe. With your drysuit, you'll be diving Lake Travis year round so you can be in charge of finding us some cool locations and stuff to see. I'll hold you to alot of weekends at TL, though!

heh, mi casa es su casa, you guys and all of the Southern Swampsters are welcome anytime. I'll hopefully know more about when/where later this week/early next week when I head up there to do interviews, look for a place, etc. I'll get in Travis as soon as I can after that and give you guys the skinny on the spots. If you can get the powers that be to keep me in the Houston branch, that'd be great! I will be down as much as possible at TL to see you guys.

Oh...I think it can be arranged to keep you on the roll here! We'll consider you our Member-at-Large doing location research. Yeah...that's the ticket!

I suspect that Chris'll be a most welcome addition to the Central TX team! - - - but I see no reason not to maintain the earlier alliance also!

Drysuit huh!
I've pretty much retired to Aquarena for the winter [suddenly 70 degreees is warm!] - but I'll look forward to meeting you at Travis sometime along the way!

Larry, thanks for the kind comments - I'll probably end up taking the "research" course to be able to dive Aquarena at some point and be diving down there as well. I'll let you guys know when I finally make it up there - probably after the 18th of next month.

Dee, I like the "member-at-large" idea. :) Good to see that I can still be considered a Southern Swampster.

chrispete once bubbled...
I'll probably end up taking the "research" course to be able to dive Aquarena at some point and be diving down there as well.

I'm doing the Scientifc Diving course weekend after next (Dec. 14-15)....I'm really looking forward to it.

May just drop in to meet you. - BUT - I have fuzzy recollections of a family Xmas tree cutting expedition that weekend, so I'll hedge a bit!

Cheers from way out of town! - but headed home soon.

Back
Top Bottom