NASA Diving Jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone know if the NASA Diving program accepts part time diver? If so, how you get 'in'?

diverjed:
Anyone know if the NASA Diving program accepts part time diver? If so, how you get 'in'?

In Houston they use some 3rd party contracting company to provide divers for the NBS.

Check out old issues of Dive Training as they had an article on how to become a NASA support diver (with that sub-contract company).

I don't know were else they employ divers now days except a few maybe at Kennedy. They closed the NBS at MSFC a few years back, so no more dive jobs there.

Yes, the Booster Recovery ship divers are in Florida at Kennedy Space Center.

They are full-time, contractor positions; ie you work for United Space Alliance (USA) who contracts to NASA. I have no idea what the pay scale is.

The recovery ship divers are really only "part-time" divers. They spend most of their time doing ship-board repairs/maintenance, fishing, etc.. and only do actual diving pretty infrequently.

Oceaneering will expect you to have a commercial diver certification from one of the $15,000 commercial diving schools. Good luck with that one.

a Couple of years ago I was offered a job at the NBL in Houston. I was really excited until they told me the job pays $13 an hour.....

I turned them down...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom