Any recent reports on Athens conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking about taking the daughter there on a day trip tomarrow, wondering about vis/temps

How was Athens?

We are probably going out for the Diverite event.
I want to go out and try out the Hurricane Regulator, and play with the Nomad.
Rumor was there was going to be some fun stuff... yet to be announced- we'll see.

I know an Optima will be onsite to see don't know if they will have an instructor.

Hope the day was fun.
Later, Andrew

How was Athens?

We are probably going out for the Diverite event.
Rumor was there was going to be some fun stuff... yet to be announced- we'll see.

I know an Optima will be onsite to see don't know if they will have an instructor.

Hope the day was fun.
Later, Andrew

Ended up not going, kid was starting with a head cold.

Later, Andrew

Let us know how that Hurricane works out....your not really going to 'feel much' at 25ffw.....but hey its diving. :)

Common Alan you’re taking all the fun out of it.

I broke my Scubapro G250 at Athens underwater- that pesky adjustment knob on the second stage. I was digging around the airplane- (oh never mind that part.) Needless to say- NO AIR. That little monster was sold after that.

I broke my din-yoke fitting on my Poseidon’s when it did a half gator off my tail gate.
No depth required.

Careful now- you’ll have me commenting about having something in my mouth and I am not going to feel much? Thought it was a HURRICANE! :D

Athens Scuba park- has lots of appealing things.
Plus it’s a pleasure to camp out in the fall with friends and hang out.

Regards, Andrew

Common Alan you’re taking all the fun out of it.

Regards, Andrew

:( ......now I feel bad..... :) .....have a great time and don't over breath that new DR reg. !!!!

Alan- always a pleasure to hear from you.
We need to hang out sometime and cut the fat. You know I’m pulling your leg.

Joe- great pictures of Cozumel in your gallery.
I tend to sleep through things; camping at dock one is not so bad but at camp site 4 and 5 well that’s like a close encounter. There is the old pumping rig in that corner of the pond for water and trains.

My favorite is in the late summer night- put on your BC and float in the water- if it’s a good night there are lots of stars out. If a storm is coming you can see lighting off in the distance. Very relaxing…

Guess, for me most of my time at Athens has been teaching in the past- and a chance to visit and hangout is a lot more fun.

Joe- great pictures of Cozumel in your gallery.
I tend to sleep through things; camping at dock one is not so bad but at camp site 4 and 5 well that’s like a close encounter. There is the old pumping rig in that corner of the pond for water and trains.

:D Thanks!

Yeah, my experience camping out there reminded me of an old "I Love Lucy" episode... our tents were moving around the campsite each time a train came by....

Back
Top Bottom