Did my certification dives at Aquarena Springs this weekend (photo warning)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Opossum

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It was SO much fun. I tried to upload the photos to the gallery, but it was giving me errors. I do have an alternate hosting account, I'll post them up from there.

We did dives yesterday and today. It was a very small group of us, 3 total, which were from my LDS. The issue was there were several LDS's that brought a lot of people. I think one group had about 10 people in it. Too much for me. The training area was swamped and people kept kicking up the soot from the bottom. It was very clear when we jumped in the water, once the other groups started swimming around, it got cloudy VERY quickly (hence the pics). I had a blast though.

Anyone who is local and has not been at Aquarena, it is something that you need to do. Air temp on Saturday was 74* with water temp of 71*F. Today it was about 66* this morning with a water temp of 69*F. A little chilly this morning with a full 3mm and beanie (I was chilled before I even hit the water), but it was perfect for Saturday.

Oh, and I'm the goober wearing the ONEILL beanie. The only guy out of two girls. The other guy was there to support his wife (he was already certified, the one in the black mask).

Here are the images:
225715.jpg

225716.jpg

225717.jpg

225718.jpg

225719.jpg

225720.jpg

225721.jpg

225722.jpg

225724.jpg

225725.jpg

225727.jpg

225728.jpg

225729.jpg

225730.jpg

Nice! Congrats!

Congrats, even though it not in your back yard, you should think about taking the Diving for Science class. Pretty good diving in much more interesting areas than the training area. I dive there year round and love it.

Congrats, even though it not in your back yard, you should think about taking the Diving for Science class. Pretty good diving in much more interesting areas than the training area. I dive there year round and love it.

Ditto :D

Shawn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom