A Tale of Two Quarries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! The good looks really...good...

The worst looks like what I saw going both ways last Saturday.

What do you think was the difference, cloud cover, sunlight direction, silt up, or something else?

Where were you specifically when you snapped the northbound pics?

BTW: I like the way you used each word in the sentences to link out to a different pic.

North was pretty much in the shallows between the docks. You could see the bottom from the dock for quite a ways. I snapped a couple of pics, but must have had some condensation on the inside of my WAL cause they were just a blur.

The particle invasion started as I got closer to the platform. It got worse as I wandered down the edge of the ravine to the point where I couldn't see squat anymore.

I don't know why it was so lousy as I went south. For some reason the vis usually is poorer once you go past the last platform. It was just weird how drastic the change was today. Funny thing is I didn't run into any of the usual white fog.

BTW that last "worst" pic was less than 10' from a group of boulders.

Oh well I guess. I still had fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom