I can't help myself....I'm going to the lake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It's so pretty outside, the weather is a balmy 72 so I'mm off to spend some time under and around the lake. I'll be there until around 5pm if anyone wants to join me!

but I don't think I can be there in time ;-0
It's been almost 3 weeks since I've been in Travis [Ron & I got to be beachmasters instead for the cleanup...]

BUT - I've sent off my message to Aquarena and will be starting my Winter routine of the regular weekeday afternoon/evening volunteer dive.

Time to get wet!

You all are killing me.

Dee's taken off to go diving and now Tony has to rub it in and let us know he's going to Mexico. I either need to move closer to a suitable diving spot, win the lottery or make enough money to retire.

Who's diving this weekend?

You guys are killin' me! I spend the entire day at work trying to keep my head above water, and the rest of the time trying to get it below!

Can't make it to TL this weekend, I've got an OW assist (pool sessions).

Y'all have fun!

Sitting in the dappled sunlight at one of the picnic tables, listening to some tunes and trying different settings on my camera. Nice cool breeze,too...... too cool when getting out of the water!

My first dive, I cruised down the south side, over the road and into the trees in the shallows. I got a few sort of weird pictures, more practice with the camera. As I was getting out, that wind hit me and I actually got goose bumps and shivers....in September!! Water temp is down to 80º. I've only got another month until it's too cold for me.

The second dive plan was to head west and stay in the shallows but the viz was still really bas, like about 4-5 ft. I played hide and seek with the big bass in the wooden platform for a while then headed to deeper water. About 20 ft. the viz increased to about 15ft. Thermocline is down to 31ft! I ended up going down the roadbed about halfway and finding wierd stuff for pictures. Nice long dive, just me and the camera...it was very nice. And yes, Papa Tony, I was bewwy, bewwy careful!

Just as I was beginning to pack up, Cudabait and his wife Ann showed up with Baby, the poodle. I got homesick for another dog! Thanks 'Cuda! It was nice meetingn Ann. Be sure she always knows she's invited.....if she can put up with the rest of us!

Wonder what tomorrow's weather will be like???.....................:D

congrats on getting more pics and having a good time. just please be careful diving by yourself like that.

steve

It's not nice of you to derive so much pleasure at the expense of everyone else stuck in an office or elsewhere away from the lake =)

600th dive was just goal for year, not minimum right??

I want to get out at least a little more before it gets cold..... Do you plan to head out this weekend?

But I thought about you! :wink: Yes...we'll be there both days. We're supposed to be DM'ing for a class but Beast said they only had 3 students. Since there's also a new DM getting some experience, they really don't need me so I can go play!

We'll be there early so come along when you get up! :eek:ut: I should hit that 600 mark this weekend. Wanna join me?

Steve...thanks for the concern, but I'm always extra careful when I'm solo. I had my pony tank and avoided the areas with fishing line. It's not for everyone but I enjoy the solitude.

Ok Dee, sure, just Rub it in about what a nice dive you had and how you were enjoying the afternoon off. I had to suffer all day long looking out the window and reading about how nice it is.

Geek

Back
Top Bottom