Laredo Scuba Diving Club will be traveling to Canyon Lake for some diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laredo Scuba Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We will be traveling to Canyon Lake next Sunday from Laredo. We hope for some good visability. Since we are limited vis divers, five feet or better is great diving for us. We will try to arrive early at canyon Lake because they only let so many people in at a time. Can't wait to get wet.

Laredo Scuba Diver :cool2::)

Above 50' vis should still be pretty good, we had 10-15' a few weeks ago at Overlook park. If you're diving Northpark be prepared for the lady at the gate shack to feed you a line of rules and you'll have to be assigned a campsite, hat you "have to park at". Shake your head and tell her OK then drive down (keep going left) to the drive that puts you near the water unload on the water side then move the cars on the other side, the old man that patrols usually won't give you flack if the cars are out of the way. Let me know if you have any other questions. I would come and dive with you guys, but it's my birthday weekend and I'm sure I'll be too hungover to dive Sunday am....enjoy!

Hello from Laredo, Texas!

Thank you Jason, for that good information and Happy Birthday. You are welcome to dive with us anytime.

Rene

I spent four years at Laredo AFB back in the early 70's, we used to sail small boats on Lake Casa Blanca, but it was pretty murky back then. Where do you dive locally?

Hello Herbdb,

There is no where to dive in Laredo but we usually travel to Canyon Lake in New Braunfels, Lake Amistad, Del Rio, Texas, Travis Lake, Austin, Comal River, New Braunfels and the oil rigs off the coast of Port Aransas by Corpus. Also South Padre.

I remember the good old days when the AFB base was in Laredo. Wow! what a small world.

Rene :):cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom