Austin weather/Lake Travis info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it interesting the lake temp is real stable down to 60ft. I think I will be happy in my 1/4" wetsuit. It may just be more comfortable in the water rather than out of the water.

Tom

Tom,

The low thermocline is an indication the lake is in it's "turning" phase. When it starts the thermocline starts to go down, then it will start to come back up slowly and then the lake will turn.

Usually the viz is at its best during this time. As for lake diving, this is the best time of the year, even though the temp is a little cool.

ID

ID,

I was wondering if that was what was going on. I bailed out of grad school before I took Limnology. I didn't want to say it looked like the lake was turing over and be wrong.

Thanks

Tom

On Monday, vis in the Dive Area was about 8-10 feet. We didn't get to the boats though, so I don't know the vis there.

RC

Back
Top Bottom