Deep, cold, altitude, wreck, night dive in the middle of the day in the middle of TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the silo is owned by family scuba in midland texas. They lease it out to shops for diving. Call family scuba and find out who is going and when, then call them and see if you can join. That's how I did it.

The owner is real cool. He will be there when you dive.

What's the water temp like? Seems very cool, wouldn't mind giving it a try.
RichH

Now thats cool :)
How deep is that thing?

Water temp is mid 60's year round. Air temp is about 68 year round. 5-7mm suit will work. Max depth to the bottom is about 125' but there is a debris pile at the bottom of stuff that was dropped during salvage so you can only get to about 110 max. The altitude at the site is 2500' so technically an altitude dive but not an extreme one.

You silo is much nicer than our Titan II silo here in Washington.

Awesome! This is definitely going on my to-dive list.

Awesome! This is definitely going on my to-dive list.

It does not have to be a shop. CHUM in Houston an independent club has run several trips there. However someone must be an insured divemaster. I went there in 2005. Would go back but the steps discourage me.

Nevertheless you have to be in a group. Can organize your own. Its not a place open all the time for diving. They only open it for a group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom