Our World Underwater - Dallas/Frisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello fellow members of the "very quiet recently" Texas forum. :)

I meant to post this about 2 weeks ago and have been dragging my feet a bit. So we have a dive show coming up this weekend:

Texas | Our World Underwater

Our World Underwater is coming to Texas. I think this is going to be a great show. There are plenty of seminars and workshops! This will certainly be more than just a travel show.

I will be there with a pretty decent group of friends and fellow dive buddies. We are hoping for a large turnout so that they will bring this show back next year!

Safe diving.

Last edited:
Have a great time! Tell them we need a show in Houston now & then as well.

I just heard about this yesterday from one of Jill Heinerth's posts. I wish I knew about it earlier, I'd have gone for sure. But now I have other plans already... :(

We have been saying for a long time that the show needs more exposure. We here at the shops try to mention it but there is no flyers or promotions for it. All we can do is simply mention it. I spoke wit a couple of manufacture reps recently about some new ideas on hyping it up as well as ways of enticing the local dealers to appear more so we will see where that goes. We used to participate in the shows a few years ago but travel had seemed to have taken over and didn't really see the point. Perhaps we will see a change soon.

Is first day was interesting ?
Just thinking if it worth to go tomorrow and pay 15$ entree fee for just "looking around".

When to the scuba show today. Had a good time. There were a fair number of dive clubs and people promoting warm water dive destinations. Being new to the Dallas area it was nice to see all the options I have available for Mexico, Cayman, Bonaire, Curacao, Dominica, etc. Some of the places I have been to but many I had not been to.

Being an avid diver and knowledgeable it was nice to talk to people who recognized I knew what I was talking about and offering me deals and suggestions on how I could save a little money.

Essentially, a good place to do a little networking and learn more about the Dallas dive community but you have to do more than collect brochures.

I don't see the point of going both days but then I never got a chance to go to any of the seminars and just chatted with people in the main hall.

I enjoyed the show, but would have actually preferred to have gone both days for the seminars. I did manage to catch Sam Meacham's talk on the Yucatan Caves and the work of MCEP and CINDAQ. It was excellent. The other one that I really hoped to attend was Underwater Archaeologist Fritz Hanselmann's talk on sunken ships and submerged caves as well as the lost ships of Henry Morgan Project. However, since they say they are already planning a return show for next year, I'm sure we can get one or both of them back for more. I also had a couple of buddies attend Chatterton's talk on U-869 and they said it was great as well.

Finally, a decent show in the DFW area offering more than just travel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom