Volunteers Divers Wanted for Sea Perch Event

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

We are looking for volunteer unpaid divers to provide both underwater and above water diving support for the U.S. Navy's Sea Perch event in the Houston region on Saturday 7 March 2015.

Sea Perch is a national competition involving the construction and operation of underwater remotely operated vehicles primarily by elementary and middle school students.

Diving support is needed to setup the underwater course in an indoor Olympic sized pool, untangle the ROVs during competition heats, reset the courses between heats, and breakdown the course equipment. The time commitment is between 4 and 6 hours starting at approximately 0800. Divers must have their own equipment to participate. We will donating air for the event.

Last edited:
We have about 8 divers. We looking for another 4 to 6.

This is a great opportunity to check out your gear while also helping out the U.S. Navy and the Houston area students in the competition.

Still looking for divers? I might be able to help as well as bring along a few friends.

If you are still looking for volunteers, I would love to help with this event. I checked the SeaPerch website for more info to try and find the location of the event. It appears that this may be spread out over several venues. Which location will the team be attending? I will give the shop a call tomorrow for more details.

We would like any interested divers to contact us directly for details.

This is to insure we have an accurate account for lunches. We also need liability forms for each diver as divers will be covered by our insurance policy and will not be allowed to participate by the pool management unless covered by our insurance.

For those of you who might be interested in taking part next year.

About 16 divers were involved in the event in two shifts of about 4 hours each. Some divers stayed the entire day. There were so many teams that the completion events continued until about 5 PM.

We would like to thank all of the volunteer divers that made this year's Houston Sea Perch competition possible.

If you get wind of this next year, my Venture crew would be all over this. Please keep us in mind when you are looking for volunteers.

Tks,

BBCB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom