Dive Shop/Equipment Service in San Antonio / Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kdl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Texas,

Anyone have any recommendations for a local shop for annual gear service? I've been here a few years but moved from Dallas where Scubatoys was my goto shop for everything. I miss being so close to them. I'm looking in the areas of Canyon Lake, San Antonio, New Braunfels, or San Marcus.

If you have any recommendations for Scuba shops and / or service, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

My personal recommendation would be Duggan in Universal City. It is a straight shot down I-35 from New Braunfels. I've only had a few interactions with them (recently got back into diving now that the student loans are paid) but they have all been positive.

If you are a technical diver, I think they are also now the only shop in the San Antonio/Austin area that has Trimix and O2 fills. Oak Hill Scuba in Austin would be the other "local" technical shop, but I've heard that they have actually closed. I could be wrong there though.

Stone Oak Scuba is the only other shop I've had experience with, and they were good as well. It is a small shop owned by a Father/Daughter team near my office. I did my Nitrox training with them, which they accommodated on very short notice.

Back
Top Bottom