Instruction during Memorial Day Weekend

Would you like to obtain a specialty cert while at Lake Travis?

• Yes! I would!

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No, but thanks for asking

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Night/Low Visability Diving

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Deep Diving

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Underwater Navigation

• Dry Suit

• Diver Propulsion Vehicle (Scooter)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (please leave a reply as to which "other")

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey gang!

There is a chance that I can arrange for one or two instructors to attend our event over Memorial Day weekend. Especially if I can show that there is interest by those attending to obtain some specialty certs.

While we can't offer everything, I might be talk to them about offering one or two classes in the following specailties:
  • Night/Low Vis
    Deep
    Navigation
    Dry Suit (you will need to arrange for your own suit)
    Diver Propulsion Device (aka Scooters)
I might also be able to arrange a show and tell session about Technical diving including what's involved in really deep, rebreathers, wreck diving, cave diving, and more.

There will be a cost involved with taking a class, how much can depend on the number of divers and the number of dives required to certify you. But from what I do know, it's very reasonable and competitive.

What I need from you now is:
  • Are you interested in taking a class while at Travis?
  • If so, which one?
Please be sure to check the appropriate choices in the poll above (multiple selections allowed). Comments and questions are allowed.

Please remember that I want to get halfway accurate numbers. So when you reply, I'm going to take it that you're really interested in taking the class if it is offered.

Well......guess since the instructors I'm thinking of inviting are Alec and Ron from Southern Scuba, Ft. Worth (whom I believe you already know), it will most likely be SDI/TDI.

But from what I remember Ron saying, his instruction meets/exceeds the standards of all the agencies he is current in. So if a student wants a card from one of the other agencies, it's just a difference in paperwork and cost (but just a little).

So would you be gracing us with your presence? :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom