Dive shops??????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a few questions about dive shops in the DFW area. Right now the main one I have been shopping with is Aqua Adventures and window shopping at Extreme Scuba. I am hoping to stop off at Scuba Toys this Saturday before I have to go to class. Everyone seems really freindly but I just do not know who to trust. Does this make sence? I do nto want to get burn by a shop because I am newbie to this and do not know what it is exactly I need. I do not want to pay $800 for a BCD if a $200 one will do me great. I do fully understand that a salesperson is doign his job but as a customer I want to educate myself before I make the big purchase. Any help with this would be great. I do not care so much about price but I do not want some one selling me a $800 pice of junk because they have to many of them in stock.

I already have my mask fins booties snorkle

What I hope to be buying soon.
BCD
Regs
Octo
Wetsuit (by the way what mm thincknessshould I be looking at for the waters around
here 3mm or 5mm?)

Thanks in advance
LukeDukie

For the education go to SCUBATOYS, for the fair treatment go to SCUBATOYS, for the best price go to SCUBATOYS, for everything scuba go to, you guessed it, SCUBATOYS. I do not work there but I do all my shopping there now. I have learned this the hard way.

skeet:
For the education go to SCUBATOYS, for the fair treatment go to SCUBATOYS, for the best price go to SCUBATOYS, for everything scuba go to, you guessed it, SCUBATOYS. I do not work there but I do all my shopping there now. I have learned this the hard way.
I'm not too sure. I guess if you're looking for great quality, great prices, tremendous selection of inventory, knowledgable staff, great customer service and a rather tall, unsightly fellow, then I suppose Scubatoys would be the choice. :wink:

ScubaToys is a great shop as people have said, I also started going to Tuckers after my last LDS ripped me off, so far so good on the treatment there, www.tuckersdiveshop.com located in Arlington.

I also hear good things about Surface Interval but have never been there.

Also what kind of diving are you looking at getting into? If tech/overhead then go check out tuckers for sure.

freediver:
I'm not too sure. I guess if you're looking for great quality, great prices, tremendous selection of inventory, knowledgable staff, great customer service and a rather tall, unsightly fellow, then I suppose Scubatoys would be the choice. :wink:

Well I am tall fellow also but I am not sure if i could call myself unsightly. I guess I know where I will be spending my Saturday morning then. I will not be anywhere near ready to buy but it would be nice to know what I should be ready to spend when I am

FIXXERVI6:
Also what kind of diving are you looking at getting into? If tech/overhead then go check out tuckers for sure.

I will be doing mostly recreational diving for now :eyebrow:

FIXXERVI6:
ScubaToys is a great shop as people have said, I also started going to Tuckers after my last LDS ripped me off, so far so good on the treatment there, www.tuckersdiveshop.com located in Arlington.

Tucker's Dive Shop is located in Grand Prairie, not Arlington. As for Surface Interval Scuba, it is an excellent shop, but with you being in Dallas, it might or might not be very practical. However, if you ever find yourself in Arlington, by all means check it out. You'll find several very good dive shops in Dallas, if you look in the phone book.

Actually I am in Sachse which is north of Garland but I am seconds away from George Bush Tollway so I can be anywhere quick.

Back
Top Bottom