Blue Lagoon is warming up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Surface temps were 75 degrees! The lagoons are full so we got a max depth of 28ft in Lagoon #2. A small thermocline had a temp of 71 degrees. I was a bit chilly in a swimsuit and T-shirt but it was worth not wearing an wetsuit! Another 3-4 weeks and it will be in the 80's.

Viz was close to 20ft in places with 15ft average. The African Cichlid fish are really multiplying! They've become used to divers on the boats and platforms so next time I go I'm taking a camera. They really do remind me of the blennies we see in the Caribbean.

We met our freinds Wendy and Bill (who are coming to Lake Travis Memorial weekend!) for some fun diving. Wendy is working on her DM and wanted to get a little more familiar with this small lagoon. Beast and I had been telling Wendy how easy it was to hit all the boats and platforms, one after another, in one dive but she didn't quite believe us! I have the compass settings on a slate but Beast has them memorized. :eek: Still not sure of herself, Beast led the dive to show her. Out to the first platform, turn right 30 degrees....etc. 34 min. later back at our entry point and we've seen them all! She'll learn.

Another friend who had gone to Roatan with us, Davis Dixon, was doing his Rescue class across the pond. We watched them most of the afternoon trying to drown and rescue each other.

We had a great day diving with friends and just hanging out around the water.

Water is warm again.....Pool's Open!

Were you and the gang there Sunday? Me and my bud made two dives in lagoon one ,then jumped over to lagoon two, got lost, got hungry, got out. Had a great time.

later, HOMEY

Yeah...we were there most of the day Sunday. Let us know next you go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom