dive shops Railey Ao Nang Krabi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10tigers

Reaction score
What's up

I'll be in the Krabi area in Jan. Does anyone recommend any dive shops in Ao Nang or Railey? I've searched the interent and there are the big time shops that have their own websites. Are there others?
Also would you recommend diving from Ao nang or Railey?

Thanks
Peace

For Ao Nang, I would recommend Scuba Addicts - Stu and Tim are very nice chaps.

www.scuba-addicts.com

tel: (66) 075637705

Diving from Ao Nang is ok; there are small islands nearby - you can also get to the nicer sites around Phi Phi via speed boat.

hey Vie

what sites do you recommend?
also i know that there are trips to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang but is it easier to set up a homebase in Ko Lanta for those sites?

thanks

Hin Daeng and Hin Muang are great sites but best done from an liveaboard (so you can get multiple dives - a night dive at Hin Daeng is nice), imho. Ko Ha Yai is a great site, as is Bida Rock (aka Phi Phi Shark Point). The islands nearer to Ao Nang (i.e. Ko Ya Wa Sam) are not worth it unless you don't have time to go further out. There are also great sites such as Hin Mu Sang (Shark Point) and Anemone Reef that are nearer to Phuket.

Vie, I'll be on Lanta then, what sort of viz/marine life/conditions can we expect for Daeng/Muang at this time of year? I was hoping for the odd manta!

Back
Top Bottom