Best Dive Centres in Patong, Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ruskybaby

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I understand there are a multitude of dive centres in Patong (over 100), but some are less than reputable (I have even been given to understand that some of the PADI 5 star centres have less desirable practices so are no guarantee of excellence). I would, therefore, appreciate any recommendations for qulaity dive centres in Patong e.g. experieinced instructors, not too many divers on board, good ratio of instructors to divers etc.

Much appreciated!

Rusky

Second that recommendation for Sea Fun. Nice boats.. well run operations.

Most dive ops in Phuket will book you on boats run by other dive ops to fit your diving preferences and schedules so check ahead to see whose boat you'll be diving off.

ruskybaby:
Hi all,

I understand there are a multitude of dive centres in Patong (over 100), but some are less than reputable (I have even been given to understand that some of the PADI 5 star centres have less desirable practices so are no guarantee of excellence). I would, therefore, appreciate any recommendations for qulaity dive centres in Patong e.g. experieinced instructors, not too many divers on board, good ratio of instructors to divers etc.

Much appreciated!

Rusky

are you looking to do a course (if so what) or or you just wanting to go fun diving?

From my past experience and in general this should apply everywhere. No dive centres can accomodate to everyone's needs or standards.

Usually, if money is a factor. Then I suggest you don't expect alot and you will find your trip more enjoyable. And, of course the min standards must be there.

From my understanding, for Phuket their prices are almost equivalent except for liveonboard that varies alot more.

Some day dives offer fruits and simple snacks as part of the meal. Some rice or noodles ...etc. It also depends on the assigned dive guide to you, he or she may like to show you macros while you prefer the lionfish round the corner. how the dive operator assigns the group of divers or the buddy you are paired with is also another factor.

Find out what you can expect to see on that perticular dive site. Do some research on the marine life there. And talk to your guide on the boat.

Lastly, not forgetting that weather can also be a factor.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom