Andaman Safari - 6 days / 6 nights Live aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WCollins

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are planning a live aboard trip during December with Andaman Safari dive ops in Thailand.:D Has anyone experienced a trip with this operation and can give a trip report or advice before we make the big plung? Below are the details of this trip.

Crew comprises:
· 4 Divemasters
· Captain
· First Mate
· 2 Cooks
· 2 Engineers
· Maid
· Deck hand

Enriched air nitrox facilities - Motorised dive dinghy - 30m² dive deck - Laptop with CD burner for digital photos - Air-conditioned saloon & dining area with DVD video, board games, marine library & music system - Teak, leather & granite interior - 70m² sundeck with matresses - Flybridge - Sea kayak

Cabins, Berths, Showers, Bathrooms...
There is one main deck Deluxe double bed (200 x 180cm) cabin. The lower deck has three Superior double bed (190 x 160cm) cabins, plus two Standard cabins - one double bed (200 x 160cm) and one three-bed single (200 x 90cm). All Deluxe and Master Cabins are en-suite (private bathroom).
All the cabins have:

· Individually controlled air-conditioning
· Private bathroom with hot water shower
· Hand basin, soap and towels
· Small Sea view portholes
· Personal safe
· Dressing table
· Wardrobe
· Mains outlet 220 Volts - 24 hours per day
· Daily cleaning

In addition the Deluxe Cabin has large 180° sea views, DVD video, reading light, an intercom system and complimentary flowers.

Cost:
Master Double Bed Cabin - 57,720 Baht
Deluxe Cabin - 55,310 Baht
Bunk Cabin - 51,060 Baht
$1740 each for the deluxe cabin.

Thanks for any info!

The boat you mention is the Philkade. Very nice boat, but there is no connection at all with the Andaman Safari dive ops you mention. And the webpage you gave is from Dive The World, one of the agents for Philkade.

I can recommend the boat, would recommend e Deluxe or the master cabin, but have no idea about the service of the mentioned Andaman Safari dive ops.

Philkade.

I have also never heard of "Andaman Safari Dive Ops" and am surprised to see a Baht price given for the boat since the operator only has a dollar price - many agents sell the Philkade liveaboard, and it is a classy boat if you want luxury as opposed to "comfortable and way more affordable" - there are quite a number of decent boats that are quite a bit lower in price.

We dove the Philkade and loved it. We are doing the 10 day Thailand and Burma trip in November, can't wait. There is a trip report, slide show and gallery at our site of our Similans trip with them. The Master is incredible and well worth the money if you want to pamper yourself.

So how are the conditions in the Andaman looking now? It is better than last year? I am keeping my fingers crossed late October will be particularly good.

No reliable forecasts, but I have a feeling it will be better earlier in the season than last year, so yes, fingers crossed, but I'm feeling good about the early trips this year.

Weather in October hard to predict, but the worst weather often comes in early October. This year looks to be a bit early, with bad weather last week... sunny the last few days.

Keep an eye on my weather blog...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom