Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dive Operators at Ao Nang, Krabi

Registered

mmm

Photos

Dive Operators at Ao Nang, Krabi

I did some listing and these are roughly the ones that I'll pick from, mainly due to their locations since price is almost the same between operators.

1) Ao Nang Beach Dive Center (Scuba Diving Ao Nang Krabi, Phi Phi Thailand)
    2) Manta Point Ao Nang Co.,Ltd. (mantapoint-aonang.com)
    3) Kon-Tiki Krabi Co., Ltd. (kontiki-thailand.com)
    4) Stingray Divers (stingray-divers.net)
    5) Coral Diving (coral-diving.com)

If anyone of you have personal experience with any of them, even those unlisted, do share? I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun

~Anna
    :05:

Travel Professional

See you in Phuket!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    I'll recommend a completely different one... go and see Damien at Krabi Divers.

Registered

White Manta Diving instructor

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Sorry I can't answer the question but I would love to know what "I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun" really means!
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Registered

mmm

Photos
    Hahaha... it simply means someone who enjoys what he does. Wouldn't want to end up with a DM who is overzealous to show you what he knows and discipline you like a drill sergeant.

Registered

mmm

Photos
    Thanks, Batfish. I think it'll help future readers to this thread on why do you pick Krabidivers over the rests?

Travel Professional

See you in Phuket!

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Because Damien is a very nice guy. He used to work around Phuket and I have known him for a number of years.

Scuba Instructor

Living in Japan and missing
    the tropics:(

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    "I am looking for a good time with dive master who is experienced and know how to have fun "

Anna,

People can take that a lot of different ways I suggest dropping in and talking to people at a few of your picks to get a feel for things. What type of boat do they use? The good diving is near Phi Phi. Some have slow options, but diving the Bidas is well worth the trip IMO.

Good luck,

AZ

Registered

mmm

Photos
    You're right, AZ. After rereading my post, it can mean differently :p Didn't think of it any other way then strictly diving under water, with a lot to see and none to touch Thanks! I'm afraid I don't have much time to drop by and talking, seeing my trip is rather short. I'll certainly take some time to drop by a few dive centers for my next trips. For this coming trip, I'll have to rely on your recommendations, and they have been helpful indeed. Hope it will also help others.

CCR Instructor

lacks status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by kmchan1 View Post
    You're right, AZ. After rereading my post, it can mean differently :p Didn't think of it any other way then strictly diving under water, with a lot to see and none to touch Thanks! I'm afraid I don't have much time to drop by and talking, seeing my trip is rather short. I'll certainly take some time to drop by a few dive centers for my next trips. For this coming trip, I'll have to rely on your recommendations, and they have been helpful indeed. Hope it will also help others.
    Please post your trip report here so we can see how well your choice went.
    Cheers,
    Dave...

www.wedivebc.com
    "How do you know if there are any hornets in the nest unless you whack it once in a while"

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    We were diving in Ao Nang late Feb08, and I can highly recommend SCUBA ADDICTS! It's headed by an English guy and a German guy and they are really friendly. We went out on 4 Phi Phi dives over 2 days, and there were only about a dozen people on the boat each time, diving with an Divemaster in groups of 4 (Ben was English and very knowledgeable). Scuba Addicts give a substantial discount if you bring some of your own kit, but can supply the lot as required. If you're lucky, there will also be a videographer on board to capture the whole dive on DVD too. Drinks including electrolite (and bananas?) are all included oh, and the Thai lunch (made by the crew) was excellent! :-))))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast