Any Updates on the current weather conditions in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi,

Got to clear my leave and am left with not much choices for about 4 days of rest and relax. So was considering Phuket. Anyone just got back? Any good recommendations for coming week LOB or resort based diving preferably to cover Bida,Racha area.

Cheerios.

Second hand info but my neighbor just returned from PhiPhi and said they couldn't dive. Their Similian LA trip was canceled and the viz was 1=10 Meters. They returned 2 days ago.

Check my weather blog, though it was not updated for the last 2 days which have been mostly sunny, light winds, brief heavy showers, normal "terrible" low season weather. You can see some photos from the last week on the blog. Your neighbors second hand info seems a bit odd, though for sure Similan is not possible as the national park officially closes on 15th May.

Phuket Weather Blog

well yesterday was sunny, this morning its raining

Went diving on Friday
King Cruiser - only slight current and about 5 m's vis
Shark Point - no current and 10 m vis with nice big school of barracuda
Koh Doc Mai - ripping current at 20 m, 15 m and above a nice drift, excellent nudi action and about 8 m vis

The sea was like a "mill pond"

Can't quite see them not being able to dive at Phi Phi, its not as if there are not sheltered sites there.

Oh..no....to go or not to go ???

Go.
The sun is shining, there's a nice slight breeze, surface conditions are calm and there are NO crowds on the divesites!
The food is delicious, accomodation readily available, the girls are smiling and plenty of shops have their "green season" sales.
Go.

:D

Yeah....hope it will last...am going to book the flight for tomorrow then.

Why not go to Redang
Weather report for next 5 days is sun, sun, sun, and more sun :D
I think you can fly direct from Singapore to Redang

Just a thought,

Wish I was going next week. 5 more weeks and I am on the Big Bird to KL then off to Perhentian. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom