Water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zahgurim

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading to Phuket/Similans area Friday.

What's the water temp now? Does it even fluctuate much?
Wondering what suit to bring...

Thanks! :)

Hmm, wondering if 5mm full suit would be overkill?

Hmm, wondering if 5mm full suit would be overkill?

It depends a lot on your tolerance for getting chilled. I was on a trip to the Similans last week and would have been happy in a 5mm, though I took the 3mm instead. I might not have felt so cold if the weather hadn't been overcast most of the time. I just couldn't warm up enough between dives, I think. Next trip (next week) I'll be wearing the 5mm, and if I get too warm under water, I'll just pull out the neck and "flush".

It depends a lot on your tolerance for getting chilled. I was on a trip to the Similans last week and would have been happy in a 5mm, though I took the 3mm instead. I might not have felt so cold if the weather hadn't been overcast most of the time. I just couldn't warm up enough between dives, I think. Next trip (next week) I'll be wearing the 5mm, and if I get too warm under water, I'll just pull out the neck and "flush".

Thanks, i'll be there next week. Debating between the full 5mm or a 3mm shorty. I'll be diving a lot so might just bring the 5.

Thanks, i'll be there next week. Debating between the full 5mm or a 3mm shorty. I'll be diving a lot so might just bring the 5.

No problem. Unlike me, my diver spent the whole week (21 dives) in shorts and a t-shirt. The only thing he complained about was getting the odd sting.

Back
Top Bottom