Diving - Gulf and Andaman Coasts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaystars

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I have recently qualified as a PADI Open Water Diver (Sept 08) and am planning to do my AOW off Ko Tao at the end of January. I hope to be able to do a few fun dives after completing the course.

Would like to then go across to the Andaman Coast to dive the Similan (and possibly Surin) Islands, Richelieu Rock, Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Ko Phi Phi. Will probably dive these from Phuket as that seems to be the cheapest option.

Would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts regarding dive sites, whether live aboards are the best options and what sort of prices I should expect. I am on a v-e-r-y tight budget and don't mind cramped living conditions where live aboards are concerned, as long as the people are friendly etc.

Any tips re: Thailand to do with diving, hostels, travel etc are very much appreciated!

Jay

Especially for the Similans etc. a liveaboard would be your best option. There are cheap boats available, and if you look at the number of dives on these boats and compare that to the daytrip prices plus accommodation etc., a liveaboard can work out really cheap.

To Hin Daeng/Muang and Phi Phi you can go on a liveaboard, but you could also go there on a daytrip from Krabi, Phi Phi or Koh Lanta. Including extra travel expenses though that would probably work out about the same as an overnight trip from Phuket to all these sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom