Koh Tao instructor for kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjexpat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking for recommendations for a dive shop / instructor in Koh Tao who would work well with my 10 yr old daughter, her friend and their older sisters (12 & 14).

They all passed the written OWD exam and completed a few confined dives...they still needs some more pool time and open water dives once we arrive.

Any recommendations of shops that had nice instructors who can handle working with some silly tweens?

i recently visited ko tao and spent my time with Bans Diving Center. They are the biggest school there, and have the staff and equpment for your needs. I had a fantastic time there, and Im planning on moving there in september to start my DM, and eventually IDC. Im sure you would get the most for your money with them. Their location is on Sairee Beach, and they have two pools etc.

I havent tried any of the other schools there, so I have nothing to compare the school with, other than I had the time of my life, and im sure the teens you bring will love it too! I chose that school because it was recommended to me, and I would happily pass the torch to you.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.amazingkohtao.com/start/english.html

-Morgan

I believe Marcia of Gekko diver is one of the best instructor for kids; her background in education really helpful to deal with children without sacrificing any safety aspect. This Gekko Scuba Divers| Praise for Marcia what my daughter say about her experience with her. I am pretty sure your kids will enjoy their time with her.
But she live in Phuket.

Welcome Bjexpat,

PM if you can manage a few days in BKK. It will be good to see you and the family. If you had more time I could have helped out :) There are many good shops on Tao. Walk around and talk to the instructors to get a feel for things. As a certified diver you should be able to join your daughter.

Good luck,

Can also recommend Ayesha.....she did my rescue course some years ago.

If you are after a resort try either Buddha View or Cyrstal.
At buddha view you often see the CD's children in the pool giving lessons to the local kids as well as the CD kids from Cyrstal. He is just copying his dad. Think they are very child friendly and have a number of instructors there who would enjoy the opportunity to look after your children.

md

We just wrapped up a great week in Koh Tao and all the kids got certified with the help of Ayesha and a team effort from Master Divers. Thanks to Alicia, Emmy, Amy and Craig (who worked with me to get my AOW and EA/Ntx). These instructors were really good with the kids.

The rough spot was for the 10 year-olds who had to wait on the boat at Chumphon Pinnacle during some rough seas and got a bit seasick and then we dealt with huge swells on the ferry back to Koh Samui last Friday where 50% of the passengers were ill. Otherwise it was a perfect trip.

The rough spot was for the 10 year-olds who had to wait on the boat at Chumphon Pinnacle during some rough seas and got a bit seasick....

Just out of curiosity: Why did the 10 year old kids join the boat to Chumpon Pinnacle? Did they have to do any of their certification dives there?

Not sure in this situation but my experience of Koh Tao would suggest, the boat was going to two dive sites and the first being Chumpon Pinnacle which was unsuitable for their needs but most suitable for others.

Twins, White Rock, or Jap Gardens are the usual sites after a dive at Chumpon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom