Old Tanks Go Into Service as Artificial Reef in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex-Aquanaut

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't see, how deep they will be. Surely I will be interested to check them out in the future.
Thanks!

Pattani and Naratiwat have several artificial reefs now and they're all fairly close to shore. They've not been created with scuba divers in mind but are more to help creating a habitat for fish and for the benefit of the small-scale local fishermen.
I've dived (and helped with creating) some of those reefs and must say that they're not all that much fun to dive on. The better diving for scuba divers is at Losin.

Hello,
I see you write that the diving is not great but I'm interested in filming there.

I need to rent tanks and a compressor, also need a boat and someone who knows where the reefs are. If you have any practical information it would help me a lot..

Hello,
I see you write that the diving is not great but I'm interested in filming there.

I need to rent tanks and a compressor, also need a boat and someone who knows where the reefs are. If you have any practical information it would help me a lot..

Hi KatKohTao,

Sorry for my late reply.
I'm working offshore in China and have little or no email access (hence my few contributions to SB lately..)
I haven't dived off Pattani/Narathiwat for a few years now but remember that there's a (Thai) teacher (professor) working at the Prince of Songkla University in Pattani who is a diver and has a compressor on the University grounds. Forgot his name and have no contact details but it's a start! I think you may be able to contact him if you get the contact details of the university and give them a call.
He can also arrange for a small (open) boat to take you to the local dive sites.

Hope this helps.:)

Back
Top Bottom