Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Old Tanks Go Into Service as Artificial Reef in Thailand

Registered

Expelled!

Old Tanks Go Into Service as Artificial Reef in Thailand

Thailand Monday continued work to rehabilitate its undersea ecosystem by sinking the first of 25 old tanks for use as artificial reefs.

The Chinese-made Type 59 tanks are being dropped into the southern coastal waters of Narathiwat and Pattani. the initiative is still a positive step for both the marine environment and for Thailand divers.

Old Tanks Go Into Service as Artificial Reef in Thailand | Aquanauts Dive Centre Pattaya Thailand PADI 5-Star CDC Career Development Center Scuba Diving
    Aquanauts Dive Center
    EXPELLED PADI 5-Star CDC & National Geographic Dive Center - Pattaya Beach, Thailand
    AquanautsDive.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Thanks for the update!

OBTW, your web site is really looking great!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Don't see, how deep they will be. Surely I will be interested to check them out in the future.
    Thanks!

Registered

-It's explained in my profile.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Pattani and Naratiwat have several artificial reefs now and they're all fairly close to shore. They've not been created with scuba divers in mind but are more to help creating a habitat for fish and for the benefit of the small-scale local fishermen.
    I've dived (and helped with creating) some of those reefs and must say that they're not all that much fun to dive on. The better diving for scuba divers is at Losin.
    No one is listening until you fart.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Hello,
    I see you write that the diving is not great but I'm interested in filming there.

I need to rent tanks and a compressor, also need a boat and someone who knows where the reefs are. If you have any practical information it would help me a lot..

Registered

-It's explained in my profile.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Quote Originally Posted by katkohtao View Post
    Hello,
    I see you write that the diving is not great but I'm interested in filming there.

I need to rent tanks and a compressor, also need a boat and someone who knows where the reefs are. If you have any practical information it would help me a lot..
    Hi KatKohTao,

Sorry for my late reply.
    I'm working offshore in China and have little or no email access (hence my few contributions to SB lately..)
    I haven't dived off Pattani/Narathiwat for a few years now but remember that there's a (Thai) teacher (professor) working at the Prince of Songkla University in Pattani who is a diver and has a compressor on the University grounds. Forgot his name and have no contact details but it's a start! I think you may be able to contact him if you get the contact details of the university and give them a call.
    He can also arrange for a small (open) boat to take you to the local dive sites.

Hope this helps.
    No one is listening until you fart.