Koh Tao - Current Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ayeshacantrell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi all !

I live here on Koh Tao and would like to re-assure all travelers that everything is getting back to normal. The rain has stopped, the wind has dropped and ferry services have resumed.

Koh Tao is NOT a disaster zone - we had power, water and food - just no ferries. I have been here through many monsoons and although I have never seen this amount of rain dumped in such a short space of time, I have known ferries not run for over a week during monsoon. However this is not monsoon but a freak storm.

There has been some damage however the majority has been to residential areas and would not effect visitors to the island. In the few places that visitors would see where there has been damage, work is already underway to fix the problems. Once the sun is out, tomorrow, the inconvenience to visitors will be negligible.

I have seen this island dust itself off and get back to business as usual very quickly before and this time will be no different. I expect business as usual in 24 hours or less.

If you want to read more, see photos and video then check out my blog post.

Koh Tao after the rain.

Ayesha
Ayesha

Hey Ayesha, that's good to hear that the rain has stopped pouring and recovery is quick.

How's the marine life and diving conditions looking - any dive boats been out yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom