"Pocket Divesite" Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
If you've visited Gekko Scuba Divers' Dive Sites pages you've no doubt noticed the excellent dive site maps. These maps have been reproduced (with permission) from the very nice Pocket Divesite books. I've seen these books in the hands of fellow divers, but figured they were out of print. (At least that's what Amazon says....)

Not so. The 3rd Edition (May 2009) of the Similan book and the 2nd Edition (January 2008) of the South Andaman book are both available by mail from the authors. You can write them at: pocketdivesite@gmail.com.

The books are 1150 baht each (about US$38.00). Not cheap, but full of excellent information including nicely drawn maps, GPS coordinates, dive site descriptions and a word about the marine life you might expect to see at each site.

Certainly worth reading while waiting for the next dive trip to roll around.

I use them all the time for briefings. They're great! The company also makes stickers with little black and white line drawings of some of the dive sites, and other bits and bobs derived from the art used in the books. I can't tell you how many of my divers have asked me to supply them with their own personal copies.

I've seen them for sale at, for example, Aquamaster, but I can also get them for you from the local distributor. I've attached a catalog. Just let me know if you'd like me to pick some up.

View attachment pd catalouge 2011.pdf

Back
Top Bottom