Gekko Scuba Divers - Phuket, Thailand - Absolutely Amazing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterPursuit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just returned from 10 days in Phuket, Thailand. What an amazing experience.

Having never been there before, I came here looking for advice etc. I am so incredibly lucky that I was able to hook up with Marcia from Gekko Scuba Divers. She is a saint and is the reason why my trip was amazing.

Marcia is almost like a personal diving travel agent but so much more. As mentioned, I didn't know where to go or what to do in Thailand. Thank god she was there because she helped me at every point.

I wish there was a way to make this sound as special as it was, but Marcia help me setup a surprise engagement for my girlfriend and I. It was the biggest moment of my life and it was pulled off without a glitch and was simply magnificent. With that said, Marcia deserves all the credit. She made me like look the best boyfriend in the world and she did all the work. She even knew a private photographer that I used for the event.

The engagement... Marcia found a place called "Friendship" beach resort to have dinner at. She personally met with the chef and coordinated everything. From the meal to the staff lighting sky lanterns on the beach. She went way above and beyond and didn't expect a dime in return.
Diving... I told Marcia that I had no idea where to dive but that I wanted to see and so the best. Marcia setup my dives with multiple companies and it was all flawless. Not to mention the fantastic diving. I love that Marcia isn't loyal to one dive operator and as a result can find the best rates and the best dive sites regardless of company. This allows her to tailor your diving around what you want, your budget and your schedule.

Activities... Obviously there are a ton of things to do above water in Thailand. Marcia gave us recommendations and just like with the diving, she set everything up. I couldn't have been happier.

Why wouldn't you want to use a single person to setup all of your vacation activities. You only have to talk to one person, pay one person and deal with one person.

Marcia is absolutely amazing and really made my vacation a special one. If you're headed to Phuket, you have to look her up. She's honest, knows what's going on and is absolutely free. With that said, you'd think she was loyal to certain companies etc. That couldn't be farther from the truth. She tailors things that best suit you.

At one point, I actually had the opportunity to go to her house to complete some paperwork. She actually does private certifications at the pool her in yard! I wish I would have thought ahead, I would have gotten my fiance certified. It was the perfect environment, especially for someone that is a little hesitant about diving. It's quiet, beautiful, one on one service and certification from a really friendly and caring dive professional. It would have been perfect and it almost with a trip back.

I wish there was a Marcia on every trip. Heck, she even offered to drive me to the Doctor when I hurt my toe. I can't recommend her enough, she's amazing. Truly.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom