Phuket diving? Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DannyBoy8

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
At 1st, I was going to visit BKK/Pattaya, but change in plans and now going to Phuket. Hopefully I am OW certified by then.

Which dive shop or day trip is highly recommended?

I've been looking at Super Divers Phuket and a few others

I will be a beginner and would like to have a guided diver with us as well...to make me feel more comfortable.

And can I bring my own GoPro to take videos/shots???...or do they usually charge us???

Thank you!

Sure you can bring your own camera, Go Pro or any other, at no extra charge.

I would recommend a daytrip to either Racha Noi and Racha Yai or Phi Phi, both with 3 dives.

And for a DC recommendation, how about us :D?

Sure you can bring your own camera, Go Pro or any other, at no extra charge.

I would recommend a daytrip to either Racha Noi and Racha Yai or Phi Phi, both with 3 dives.

And for a DC recommendation, how about us :D?

Thank you! Stevenl!

Heck yes, i'll look into you guys!

Where do you guys usually dive?
Based off your website - Every day a daytrip with 1 dive in the Shark Point area and 2 at Phi Phi for 3,700 Baht....correct?

Is the daytrip M-F?...because I will be Phuket July 21st - 25th

I am getting my OW cert. soon, but a few of my buddies are not certified and I am sure they'll want to dive as well. What is your process for non certified divers or discover divers?...I just want to give them a heads up.

Thank you!

Just another vote for working with Steven on your planning. We booked a liveaboard and a 3-tank day trip through him in November, and he's simply fantastic.

Having dived Racha Noi a couple of days ago, I would not recommend it. Much better diving to be had a little further afield IMHO.

Having dived Racha Noi a couple of days ago, I would not recommend it. Much better diving to be had a little further afield IMHO.
That would depend very much on the divesite.

There are some really nice sites there, but most of the diving is done closer to shore/in the bays. And these sites are ok, excellent for refreshers, getting used to gear/local habits, for new divers, and an overall very enjoyable trip. Especially if there are non-divers present as well, no other boats in the area so a really nice day out with swimming, snorkeling and some diving.

That would depend very much on the divesite.

Yes it would depend on the dive site. What dive sites on Koh Racha Noi would you recommend? Banana Bay was the pick of the bunch for me.

Racha Noi South and Harruby wreck at Racha Yai where much less impressive. In fact I would say disappointing. An opinion echoed by fellow divers in my group who unfortunately had only one day in Thailand to dive.

Back
Top Bottom