Help needed with transport from Phuket Airport to Khao Lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

briefer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

my flight arrives at 22h. Because it is too late I prefer to sleep my first night not too far, and I have reserved a room in Nai Yang Beach, 15 min walk from the airport. The next day I want to go to Khao Lak to get my LOB.

Which is the easiest - not too expensive way to go to Khao Lak from Nai Yang?

I read that there are minivans that are much cheaper than the taxis, but I don't know if they reach Khao Lak.

Thank you!

Last edited:
If you can get a taxi down to the main road you can catch a local bus to Khao Lak (around THB 200). Just stand on the main road on the north bound side and look for the orange buses that have Takuapa written on the front and also Surat Thani. Flag them down and check to see they are going to Khao Lak. They'll drop you in the center of town.

A taxi should cost no more than THB 1,200 and if you venture out of the hotel you may find a tour operator who can do it for you. Just don't sound desperate when you ask otherwise your price might go up.

Nice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for taking the bus. Some of the buses from Phuket to Bangkok also pass Khao Lak and may have space.

However, if you are leaving on your liveaboard the same day, they probably provide transportation from Phuket to Khao Lak included in the price. You should check with them.
Mikkel

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I have arranged the transfer service with my LOB operator.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom