2 tourists brutally murdered in Koh Tao.+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The incident happened on the same beach as our main office. We are shocked and horrified at what has happened, but don't want to add to the rumours and speculation until all the facts are known. As with any event on a small island, rumors and gossip are spreading like wildfire, and already in the national and worldwide press there are many reports of what has happened - much of which is currently unfounded or factually incorrect.

Police are investigating the matter and questioning all relevant parties and acquiring CCTV footage to determine whether it was a domestic incident, or involved any outside parties/individuals, but as yet no official release of information. Some information being reported - as with most leaks in incidences such as this, are limited to speculation and are therefore very far from the truth, however. For example news that the piers and ferries have been shut down is not true, so probably best to take everything we 'hear' with a pinch of salt for now, and wait for the official release of information from the authorities once they have conducted their investigation.

It is however, a tragic and very sad time for the island and its inhabitants, and of course primarily for the families and friends of those involved. RIP to the 2 souls involved.

It is almost incomprehensible that such a thing could happen on Koh Tao. Friends that used to live there are as shocked and saddened by this abomination, as am I. My sincerest hope is that the actual perpetrator(s) is caught and punished and not just some unlucky scapegoat.

I too stayed right on Saree Beach. Still one of the most lovely places I've been blessed to see.

Totally shocked to read this. I spent a week on Koh Tao back in 2001 and never felt it was the least bit unsafe (unless you were riding a moped).

I spent almost two weeks in Koh Tao a month ago. It is a lovely place. I didn't feel unsafe at any time (solo female traveler). Very sad that this sort of thing happened, but it can happen anywhere. :-(

Back
Top Bottom