Deep Andaman Queen Jan 2015 5D4N Similan and R Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhperrin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I just got back from the best experience I have had in diving. I spent 5 days and 4 nights aboard the Deep Andaman Queen diving at various locations in the Similan Islands. I will post more later when I get back to the US but I wanted anyone considering a trip in the near future to have my general impression. Accommodations were clean, comfortable, and relaxing. The food was great and always on time. The dive staff was organized, professional and able to communicate with divers from all over the world. The dive deck is perfect with no steps to negotiate after donning your gear. The deck crew helped with everything if you liked it or left those who preferred to do it themselves alone. The captan is a magician! He can put the boat on the exact spot to enter the water and I never had to do more than a few fin kicks to get to the two ladders at the stern to exit. No small boats to climb into or out of or rope drags from the inflatable back to the big boat The deck crew was on the spot to grab fins and steady those who needed it (me). Plenty of fresh water available on the dive deck. My favorite thing was showering and a brief nap after a dive. A high quality boat, crew, and dive staff combined to give me a terrific first live aboard experience.

Jeff Perrin

Yes, agree, good boat and also good value.

Now if they only were honest and call their trip 4 days/4 nights in stead of 5 days/4 nights. And yes, I know this is customery in the travel world, but that does not make it right.

Back
Top Bottom