Trip to Krabi region in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in diving with an Italian Dive Master (I speak Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and a bit of Dutch) in the crystal-clear, warm blue waters of Ao Nang, Krabi region, South-West Thailand 3-18 May?

Please let me know, the more, the merrier!:jester:

:confined: Hey!

I am in Idaho and have plane tickets to Singapore May 1st thru the 14th. I don't know that area at all, but am trying to figure out how to get some dives in while I am there. I won't have a buddy with me so was just planning on joining a small group in a close area there somewhere. Still working on all the plans. I haven't got a whole lot of experience yet, and have not been in the ocean....confined to the lakes and hot springs of Idaho. Am way excited to get out to the coast of anywhere.
I would be interested in diving with someone with more experience than me...such as a dive instructor, but I don't know how far Singapore is from Krabi........yet!
Let me know how far away Krabi is from Singapore and if that is in your time frame and I can plan from there.

mudguppy

Krabi aint that far from Singapore. No direct flights there so far (Silkair was supposed to come out with one in say April but have not heard any word from them). If there is a flight there, it would be from Singapore to bangkok and from bangkok to krabi. total maybe 3 hours and cost would probably be ard USD$200.
My advice is to fly to Phuket from Singapore (USD$150) and take charter a mini bus to drive you there. the flight to phuket is about 1 and a half hours but the ride from the airport to krabi is close to 3 hours. Saves a bit of cash if you could find extra people to share the mini bus rental. Do not take it from the airport operators, go outside and find a local there to drive you. Remember, always bargain, and they see a white guy, they always try to rip you off. Email me if you need more info on thailand. was just there during the first week of march. wanted to go diving but could not squeeze it into my limited budget,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom