Yahoo! Got my new rig ordered!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got my new rig ordered, a Canon EOS 20D, Ikelite Housing, 6" dome port, DS51 strobe with arm, a set of 2 Tamron lenses (28-80 mm and 70-300 mm) 2-gig worth of Compact flash cards, case, tripod...anything needed for the 20D below or above the surface! All for less than $3000.00 with shipping! Yahoo!

Bahamas here I come!

Mike

I recommend you get the 60 EF-S macro as a first underwater lens. Neither of your zooms are going to be great underwater. They are too long for reef scenics and the aren't real macro. Did you check with Ike on ports? Neither is listed in the port chart. The 60 is good for macro and fish portraits, and you don't need to think about zoom at first. It is my favorite underwater lens for the 20D. You'll want a flat port for anything except wide angle. The DS-51 will work fine for macro, but won't really light a wide angle, so I won't go there right now.

Odd, the chart I looked at (and was confirmed by Ryan at Reef Photo) says that the 5503.50 will easily accompdate the Tamron 28-80 MM lens. There isn't one for the 70-300mm Macro, but I will buy a macro seperate when I am ready for that type of shooting.

Mike

Just found a great deal in China town, got the body for 50 bucks less than I got a used body for on Ebay and 3 lenses (Canon 18-55mm Macro, Canon 90-300mm, Digital 0.5X wide angle with Macro). I have the 5503.50 port which is larger than the 5503 which is the suggested port for the 18-55mm, will that be an issue?

(Anyone want a 20D body and 2-Tamron lens plus extras? I'll be putting them on Ebay as soon as I receive them since I have this one, the body is used but everything else is new, I'll probably toss in a tripod and other duplicate items along with them, IM me if you are interested)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom