Waterproof case for the G10, Waterproof case for Canon G10, code WP-DC28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicnac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know a UK supplier who currently has the waterproof case for the Canon G10, code WP-DC28, in stock? I've googled like crazy but haven't had any luck and we're heading over to Sharm on 30th Nov.

No-one seems to have it despite many of them advertsing it on their web sites, and they cannot get a date from Canon UK either. I know because I've just spent the last week ringing pretty much everyone there is; and of course many of the supposedly UK based web sites are just fronts for Far East Grey Import dealers.

I've just ordered one from Helix Camera Co, in Chicago and they shipped within 24 hours- they are a major Illinois based photographic company with a good reputation, and also have an ebay shop. They do have them in stock but they are going like hot cakes, and although the eBay item has now gone they might be worth emailing to see if they will sell at the same eBay deal (it was buy it now at $189 + $46 shipping to the UK) Helix Camera and Video

The price with P&P came to about Ž£160 (could be less by the time you ready this the way the pound is going!). of course you have to account for the Customs charge, but many of the UK places are advertising at Ž£189 anyway, and if you need it urgently?????

Dammit, wish I'd seen your post sooner! Nevermind, I'm pretty much resigned to going without one now, I guess it will make a change and I might see more when I'm not busy trying to get that perfect shot of something else - almost missed an eagle ray on a previous dive due to faffing. Thanks for your reply, though.

It wouldn't arrive in time now, but thanks for your reply - I'll keep the link for future buying sprees.

That really is a pity. I ordered mine from Helix (eBay) Sunday. As they are US based thet wouldn't have seen it until around 2pm Monday - and it arrived at my house in Manchester at lunchtime today! What service?

Interestingly, I saw some comments on the web about them that said their online service was fantastic, but sometimes when you go into the store they can be a bit off hand - but all I can do is praise them

Back
Top Bottom