G10 shutter speed with strobe.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Not sure if this was mentioned before but I discovered it by accident cause I don't read instruction booklets :no:

The G10 (probably other models as well) can't shoot a faster shutter speed than 1/500 when using the strobe because that's its max sync capability with the strobe.

I shoot in the M mode and was using 1/1000 shutter speed. Little did I know the camera was automatically defaulting to 1/500 when the strobe is on. I discovered it when checking my EXIF data and it showed 1/500. Guess if I read the camera booklet I would have seen it sooner :D

Guess you're not the only one that doesn't read manuals.... :D

BTW... I was playing with my G10 these past few days and can't get the lcd to show anything but info when I go into M mode. The screen turns on briefly as I depress the shutter button to take a picture but no picture gets recorded. Have tried playing with all the buttons on the back but no luck. Any suggestions?

But can you rig that up to work with an UW flash? Not sure how simple that would be.
Bill

Simple Bill! Just buy a housing that has a hot shoe sync and away you go!

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom