Canon G10 housing (WP-DC28) strobe mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boogs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I'm in the process of attaching the sea & sea strobe mask set to my G10 housing. Could anyone post photos of their housings with the mask attached? I'm not sure how much velcro I should use to cover the internal flash and where exactly I should position the grommet so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I am also trying to figure this out. Although I am using a S90 with a Ikelite housing. How is everybody attaching their fiber optic cords to the Canon and Ikelite housings? I have the sea and sea strobe mask set as well, but not sure on how much to cover. Not much room with the 67mm port and round corners of the Ikelite housing. Can anyone post some photos of Canon and Ikelite housings with strobe masks.

The fiber optic cord I used had a small bit of clear velcro that attached on the outside of the enclosure. I then used electrical tape and masked off the inside of the enclosure, over the flash... regarding how much you want to do, basically you want the internal flash not to leak out in the forward direction when taking a photo. If you put too much, it shouldn't be a problem..

You'll want the hole to be right in front of the flash to get the maximum intensity of light into it, allowing you to turn down the internal flash to it's lowest intensity.. (no point in having it flash at full if you're just masking it off anyways)

Thanks for the tips Roko. Can anyone share some photos please?

Last edited:
saw that thread of yours Divernoob, great work. Thing is I've already got the mask set that came with my strobe, and I just wanna see how others attached it to the housing for reference. I would like to be able to remove the velcro mask easily and have an option to use the internal flash.

Last edited:
Gilligan, does the internal flash seep through at all with your setup? I just tried attaching some of the velcro and mask (I shaped it like the blue thing you used) but then I was still getting some shadows from the flash seeping through just as Divernoob had also mentioned. Is this negligible underwater? Divernoob's flash blocker is a great idea but I still have to look around for what material I can use.

Okay, finally worked a good cutout with the strobe mask set. Tested it first with just adhesive paper then took it out and used the velcro mask. It covers the flash completely! I'll post pics soon.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

strobemaskmeasurements.jpg

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Back
Top Bottom