My First UW Camera!!! S90-Ike-s2000-UWL-04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrishet

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am very excited about getting this rig wet! Ordered it today from Reef Photo. I'm docking it all on an Ultralight tray and arm system...and also added a Fix 500 lum focus light to a second arm...hoping this helps focus up close and perhaps shoot some short vids. I'll be collecting its first photons week of April 3 at Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, and Isla Roatan...Thanks to all on this forum for the great posts...I promise to take lots of pics of the rig and results...

Congrats, hope you have fun with it and get some great shots.

N

Wow - exciting stuff. Hope to see some pics soon, even of just the rig before you make it underwater.

Thx...will take pics as soon as everything arrives...should be here in 2 weeks, the lights were backordered....and thanks for all your great posts Nemrod! I mentioned the recent post by Mdksniper on mod'ing the flash blocker to accept the optical cable. I'm hoping they will mod mine as well...

How about a spare battery recommendation for the S90?

Make sure not to accidentally get a 750mah NB-6L. They are made in capacity to 1,500mah. The stock battery with the S90 is a 1.0ah. I got a 1,400mah Digitek from Amazon and it does run longer.

N

Be sure & let us know how it works out---good luck & enjoy your trip......

Your setup is almost the same as mine (I have a different macro lens).
I got 2 spare batteries at Amazon, the $8 1000ma model and they work great.

Looking forward to the Cozumel pics, that was always one of my favorite places to dive (and eat)

I got my camera, 1400mah battery, 16GB and Fix focus light on Friday (man, that is one bright light!). Hopefully the housing, strobe, and tray system will ship next week. I am very impressed with the camera's features and functions. Amazing control for a P&S. I think I am going to like the magnified focal point....My biggest challenge will most likely be changing from AV mode to full manual underwater (I wear reading glasses topside), but with some practice I should be ok.

I will probably hold off on trying macro this trip but just in case how about a Macro lens recommendation....

You really should not need to switch to Manual Underwater, and keep in mind that in M mode, there is no preflash and the Inon will work differently (I haven't played w/ M enough to know all the details).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom