Inon S2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For wide angle photography using the Fix UWL-04 lens, would twin S2000 strobes be enough?

Since the S2000 is a compact version of the D2000 (albeit with a slightly less guide number), would it be safe to say that they function similarly?

Also, the S2000 doesn't have a focus light. Is it a deal breaker? I guess since most strobes shouldn't be aimed at the subject directly anyway, a focus light on the strobe wouldn't be of much use.

Can anyone care to tell me if twin S2000s would suffice to cover the wide angle of the UWL-04, for subjects such as mantas and whale sharks?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

You realize that much beyond a subject distance of four feet, ambient light increasingly dominates the exposure. Two strobes does not double your shooting distance, only increases the area of coverage. Lighting an entire whale shark with two little strobes, not likely.

Two S2000 strobes should cover most of the UWL-04 lens. Two D2000 will but barely.

The S2000 does not have the modeling light which is awfully handy IMO, but maybe not a deal breaker. However, for me, the deal breaker is the lack of the (External) Auto mode. I cannot do without that as it is my favorite mode on my D2000 strobes. As well, the D2000 Auto mode allows me to shoot the S90 in Av with the camera flash in Manual and set to lowest power to save battery power, the S2000 cannot do this as the sTTL requires the camera flash to be set in Auto.

N

Hi, the most advantage of s-2000 is it's size and weight. For travelling setup it's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom