LCD Magnifier question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottg_houston

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks

Has anyone had success fitting a proprietary/homemade LCD magnifier to a Canon WP-DC point and shoot housing...I'm starting to have to hold my S90 at arms length to see the shot, and dont really want to put reading lenses in my mask!

Any advice/tips much appreciated!

Thanks and regards
Scott

You mean like this?

DSC_9749.jpg

DSC_9763.jpg

DSC_9757.jpg

This is the view above water. The magnification is less when underwater but still enough to be a big help for far sighted eyes that need reading glasses.

The above was a prototype on cheap flex arms. Eventually when all was good, I mounted them on 1/2 in. loc-lines. They perform a lot better.

Eventually, this is what my rig ended up like with two strobes. Anyway, the magnifier as shown below are on 1/2 in. loc-lines.

DSC_9781.JPG

That's an impressive set up, Ozziworld.

Thanks for posting -you've given me plenty of food for thought!

You mean like this?

DSC_9749.jpg

DSC_9763.jpg

DSC_9757.jpg

This is the view above water. The magnification is less when underwater but still enough to be a big help for far sighted eyes that need reading glasses.

The above was a prototype on cheap flex arms. Eventually when all was good, I mounted them on 1/2 in. loc-lines. They perform a lot better.

Eventually, this is what my rig ended up like with two strobes. Anyway, the magnifier as shown below are on 1/2 in. loc-lines.

DSC_9781.JPG
Hi there,
I know this is an old post - but where did you get the magnifier please ? I'm looking to do exactly the same thing
Thanks for any help you can give

The Magnifier was from a dollar store. Plastic frame and handle so no issues with rust. Just lucky to have come across them. but they seem to be all over the thrift shops.

Thanks -i'll give it a go !

Back
Top Bottom