And what about the G7X ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested, but have yet to see a UW review. The G7x just seems like a great upgrade from my S95....... I am seeing gray market cams for $500. now. Just this morning on DPreview, I saw a G7 UW topic--turned out the pic had been shot in 2007, so yep, the OLD G7!! I am getting more interested in the G16 and Fantasea housing which I saw online for $300. Or even a 15 and Fantasea housing at the right price!

jimw - where are you finding these prices?

Google Canon g7x prices . The lowest are likely bad sellers, but not always. I saw more than one that gets good reviews. The lowest also may be gray market and may not have a US warranty....This morning I googled as above and found 1 seller of the G7x at $500. The seller of the housing looks pretty good and is in Taiwan. There could be some import duty due when received in this country from a foreign seller.

Oh I meant for the G16 housing lol. We also were interested in the G7x but since the housings are not yet available and we have an upcoming trip, we did not want to wait, plus the price is much higher than the 16.

Looks like a great camera tho!

So in the US , you don't seems very enthusistic about the G7X .. To be honnest , so I am , and I think also that the G16 or the S120 are much better choices and less expensive that the G7 X , but who knows , perhaps I'm wrong ... ;-)

Wow jimw! They have great prices. Have you ever used this company before? I just searched and saw many positive reviews on that long scubaboard thread....

To Girellator,

I think the issue, at least in North America, is that the housings are not quite out yet, but I think very soon, so it is just a matter of people getting their housings and trying them out. I think this camera certainly has promise! For those who want something that has already been tested and reviewed, the G16 and the S120 are great options, and cheaper!

cheers,

Rob

p.s I saw your pics on Flckr and they are fantastic! Vos photos sont superbes! :)

Wow jimw! They have great prices. Have you ever used this company before? I just searched and saw many positive reviews on that long scubaboard thread....

BTW, I should have added earlier that there are several housing possibles for the G7x, Canon, Ikelite, and Nauticam and others I expect. The Canon housing came out when the cam was announced. WP-DC 54 is the Canon housing for G7x. I read on Fantasea's website today that their housing for the G7x should be out in March, '15.

I haven't had any dealings with divervision.com, but may in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom