Canon G7X w/Nauticam housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrh2oman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

OK.....G7X has been out awhile. Any opinions, advice and/or info on shooting w/ Nauticam housing? Settings for macro etc...

Thanks!

I have the G7x and use the Canon housing which works well. Macro settings are simple--zoom out to about 90mm equivalent on the 100mm lens and fire away. I do use the macro setting as well on the cam and normally do TV or AV modes. I have f stop, shutter speed, and ISO on the available buttons so they can be changed according to what mode I am using. Auto white bal. is mostly ok, but it is better to set if you have time. Sometimes, I need to shoot wider as I am too close to focus at 90--so i go to 60mm or so. I like this zoom at 24mm too. Nice fish pics. A friend has the Fantasea housing and likes it for the $500. price. It has dual orings and a moisture sensor at that price. It is a polycarbonate housing as is one of the Naughtycams, as another friend calls it! :)

I found this article on uw-pix.com under tips and tricks. Hope it might help you.

I found this article on uw-pix.com under tips and tricks. Hope it might help you.

don't see a link in your post.....

EDIT..:.was there supposed to be one??.....tia

Thanks for the info. I will be shooting TTL w/ a YS-d1 strobe & Nauticam housing. Appreciate the zoom advice. I was shooting macro DSLR before but wanted to "compact" it to be able to have more options. AWB should be fine for macro w/ a strobe......I was thinking F11 in macro, just curious what ISO,shutter worked for what results.
Again, Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I will be shooting TTL w/ a YS-d1 strobe & Nauticam housing. Appreciate the zoom advice. I was shooting macro DSLR before but wanted to "compact" it to be able to have more options. AWB should be fine for macro w/ a strobe......I was thinking F11 in macro, just curious what ISO,shutter worked for what results.
Again, Thanks!

I have the same strobes. Is the Nauticam the only one with the ports for external strobes? I was looking at a few today for that camera (which I do not currently own), but couldn't tell.

Back
Top Bottom