Bring in the New Year at Weeki Wachee Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkgrl

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Weeki Wachee Springs is hosting its 2nd annual New Years Party! Come dive in the crystal clear water of one of the most beautiful springs in Florida. Bring your family and friends, all is welcome!

When: December 31 from 7pm to 1am
Cost: $65 for diver, $35 for non diver
RSVP: DiveWeeki.com
Food: provided
Who: ScubaBoradians, their families and friends, and of course mermaids!
Contact Chris at 407-592-8175 if you have any questions

Hope to see everyone there!:D

This sounds really fun, but I have a few questions for someone who has been...

This is a night dive, right? If not, how does that work? If I have never done a night dive, how does one compare?

Also, how crowded does it get in the water? How do the non-divers see you? And you them?

That sounds like it might be fun. I might have to try to talk the Mrs. into that one.

Would love to go, and even have thought about it, but at this time, I don't think I am gonna make it.

smatterchu:

This is a night dive, right? If not, how does that work? If I have never done a night dive, how does one compare?

Also, how crowded does it get in the water? How do the non-divers see you? And you them?

Soooo...anyone care to take a stab at these?

smatterchu:

Ok heres your answer

This is a night dive, right?
Yes

If I have never done a night dive, how does one compare?
This is a night dive in a gin clear spring where will not even really need a light. They turn on the big lights into the spring and you can get in a couple dive. The highlight other than the party is a Midnight dive with the mermaids and music to bring in the new year.

Also, how crowded does it get in the water?
That will depend on how many people attend but this is a huge spring and plenty of room. I think last year there was 25-35 divers and there was plenty of room for everyone.

How do the non-divers see you? And you them?
There is a underwater theater for the mermaid shows which non diver can sit in thats about 16' underwater and allows them to see everything going on out in the spring and divers can see into the theater also.

Hope this answers you questions

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom