Army Tank Dive Site in Pasco County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAdam

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information/recommendations of dive charters that go out to the Army Tanks off of Pasco County? How hard of a dive is it? My wife and I got certified in September and want to start planning some dive trips for the spring, I saw something about this was wondering if it would worth looking into. Any information would be great.

Thanks!

Hey Adam,

We have a group of tanks off Pinellas also. If your interested in coming down this way, give me a shout and we'll see if we can put a trip together.

Do you have any info on the dive site? Depth, Viz and so on? This would be my wife and I's 2nd or 3rd dive after getting OW certified, so how hard of a dive do you think it would be? We had no problems with getting certified or anything, I just want to make sure we don't over step our limits.

Capt. Ty:
Hey Adam,

We have a group of tanks off Pinellas also. If your interested in coming down this way, give me a shout and we'll see if we can put a trip together.

I haven't seen these tanks yet...would love to go too!

ScubaAdam:
Do you have any info on the dive site? Depth, Viz and so on? This would be my wife and I's 2nd or 3rd dive after getting OW certified, so how hard of a dive do you think it would be? We had no problems with getting certified or anything, I just want to make sure we don't over step our limits.

I know the tanks off of Pinellas are out about 7 miles. The depth is right at 30 ft. and the vis will vary but probably 10 to 15 ft. I am dieing to do this dive. From what I understand there are 3 dive sites in one location out there. I plan to do them from my boat as soon as the weather gets better. The seas are a little ruff for my small 20 footer right now. If a dive charter gets set up I would be interested in that as well. :D

git-r-dun is right on the stats. The vis can be top to bottom this time of year depending on how strong the fronts have been. Last trip we could see the bottom from the boat.

Hey Capt. when is the best time of the year to dive in that area for calm seas and good viz?

Since it's fairly shallow, it depends on the weather. If it hasn't been blowing too much the vis will be above average through June or so when the water get really warm.

ScubaAdam:
Does anyone have any information/recommendations of dive charters that go out to the Army Tanks off of Pasco County? How hard of a dive is it? My wife and I got certified in September and want to start planning some dive trips for the spring, I saw something about this was wondering if it would worth looking into. Any information would be great.

Thanks!

Their are a whole string of tanks around. They were/are part of reef project. They aren't difficult. No penetration. Keep an eye on the "Tampa Threads". We are always trying to get out and do some diving and new peeps are always welcome here.

Over in Tarpon you will find Narcosis Dive Charters - note, this is not the same Narcosis that is a member here on the board and part of the Tampa Area threads.

Beside Ty and Narcosis Charters, you can look to the following charters to try and get out:

Tanks-a-Lot - Captain Ben - 727.639.3474
Sea Fox - Captain Herman - 727.469.8979

Also, Narcosis is the most expensive. However, they do offer more. Guess it depends wether or not it is worth it to you.

Good luck and happy diving.

-Miss

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom