Lake Denton Open Or ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fldiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know for sure if Lake Denton is open or not? I was told it was closed in Nov. then told it was open a few weeks ago. Finally called the Highland county Sheriff today and a lady there told me you CAN NOT dive from the boat ramp anymore. You would have to take a boat and dive from that???? She said that was her understanding anyway. Does anyone know for sure??

fld1,

As of yesterday, there is a designated parking area across the street from the ramp. The ramp is for loading and unloading only. You can enter the water from the ramp.

The temp was 68 degrees

Thanks for the info. Going to try to sneek out there sometime soon. I heard there was only parking for 8 to 10 cars, is that right?

It has to be better than the deep sand I had to park in on that hill a few months ago! Isn't it?

Ohh...great...So have you been out there lately then? Anybody hassle you? Sheriff ? Residents?

Nope, I spoke to the sheriff before I went, but if your not inbetween the two signs of parking, and you park on the side, big tickets.

There is a sign for overflow parking on the corner, but its not exactly an easy spot either.

No hassles - that's why they set it up that way. If you want a paved parking lot you'll likely end up paying fees.

Heck, I wouldnt mind that as I am sure other people wouldnt mind either. Pay a small fee for a parking lot and restrooms. I am sure the residents wouldnt mind then either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom