venice /alhambra beach dive april 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madeline

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
for those who are living down in venice what do you know about the condition for a beach dive this weekend, the weather stations say sw winds would someone give me some advice on what we should find when we get to the beach ????? the group I dive with has been down there 2 times and have been blown off the beach after a 2 hour drive so help me please should I wave this off or what ???????????? thanks for any imput

I just got off the phone with someone who dove the service club in Venice this morning & he said the viz is good right now. I'm sure he'll post later. I would think saturday would be good. I'm supposed to go out Sunday am & things might be iffy by then. I'm hoping the front will hold off until later in the day.

Right now, the front is scheduled (ha! scheduled..) to pass through on Sunday. Looks like it might just be a go... Isn't Shark tooth fest the weekend of the 19th?

Right now, the front is scheduled (ha! scheduled..) to pass through on Sunday. Looks like it might just be a go... Isn't Shark tooth fest the weekend of the 19th?

Ya know what, I forgot all about that. I think it may be this weekend! Rut Roh, parking will be at a premium!:11:

Isn't it at the airport? We were planning on doing the Service Club.

But yes, it is this weekend...

Where:
Venice, FL
Airport Festival Grounds, Airport Ave. (East of the airport)

You can see the grounds from the Interstate

I'm diving in Lauderdale on Saturday with American Dream... doing the Jay Scutti and a reef...

I will need to get to VB soon... I neeeed more teefes!

Weather does seem to be holding:

TONIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

FRIDAY
SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET.

SATURDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS THROUGH THE NIGHT.

SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT
NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS AND GUSTY.
SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom