The O must be done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K Mejean

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and divers of all ages. I must do the Oriskany before the year is out so here we go again. Lets just hope there are no hurricanes. Here's the deal.... I have already talked to a 6 pack charter up there and the dates are good so here we go.
November 14th-16th. We leave the 14th and head up there, dive on the 15th and come back on the 16th. I will book the rooms once I get an idea of who is coming and how they want to arrange the rooms. The dive is $155 for two tanks. (I'm trying to talk the captain in to three tanks but we will have to see) The rooms are running $80 a night and we will split cost for the rooms and gas for carpooling.
Post up if you want to get in on this so I can get the spots held.

If you book with the Suburban Lodge and tell tham that MBT Divers sent you you'll get a better rate - $65 per night is what I've been told.

Any chance of doing a tec dive insted of a two tanker?
I'd need a buddy.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
I'd need a buddy.
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

There is a possibility of it. I'm sure the charter won't mind and one of the guys possibly going is a tech diver so there is definately a good possibility of it.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
If you book with the Suburban Lodge and tell tham that MBT Divers sent you you'll get a better rate - $65 per night is what I've been told.
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

When I booked with them before they still wanted $80 a night. That was going through MBT. Maybe they have dropped their rate or something but that was just back in August.

I want to do this. I just need to check my sched tom at work,to make sure I can have the time off.
I am fairly sure I can go.

The Oriskany is such a great dive. I have done it twice, planning on a few more. :D
[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get to make it this time. Hopefully we'll get a good turnout for the trip and get to visit the O before another storm turns her on her side. Then when she does get turned we have an excuse to go back and do it again.

When I booked with them before they still wanted $80 a night. That was going through MBT. Maybe they have dropped their rate or something but that was just back in August.

When I was there on Sept.5-6 it was $80/night and they knew we were diving with MBT.

I'd need a buddy.

The Oriskany is such a great dive. I have done it twice, planning on a few more. :D

You can do a single tech (deco) dive with MBT/H2OBelow for the same price as the normal 2-tank rec.

However, the rec dives will be strictly limited to the "Island" as the flight deck is now at 148' post-Gustav. Our trip on 6-Sep-2008 was the first in a week due to hurricane Gustav and the flight deck was at 137' the last time out. MBT has recently updated parts of their web site with the new depth information.

-Rob

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom