Ginnie Springs Nov 14-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A group of OW divers is going up to dive Ginnie Springs Nov 14-16. I will be renting the mobile home (The Vardo) which sleeps 8 and camp sites will be available. See their website for more info on the spring: The official page of Ginnie Springs Outdoors, in High Springs Florida. Visit our online shop for great deals on dive gear and accessories.
The spring will be a constant 72 degrees so it wont be too cold. The spring system has several dive sites. Open water diving is ALLOWED but lights are NOT permitted in the caves without cave certification. You are allowed to carry lights into Ginnie (the main spring) but not in the Devils Eye, or Devils Ear springs.
Tubes and canoes are available for rent to float down the river.
A buddy's wife is the lead in a band that will be performing for the cave divers assn. meeeting. If you can make it please let me know. PM me to check availability of space in the mobile.

A small group of us is heading up to Ginnie on Friday AM. We will probably dive within Ginnie Friday afternoon. On Saturday we will be doing a drift dive down the Santa Fe river for artifacts. A friend lives locally and knows some good areas to look. He will also help coordinate entry and exit points. The Santa Fe is the second best river to artifact hunt in the state.
Come join the fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom